Children, Youth & Families
Our mission is to help families remain together. By assisting them in the development of skills in problem solving, communication, relationship building, trust building, and intimacy, we seek to ensure a safe, nurturing environment for all family members.
This unit serves children and families that have a variety of needs. Families may be referred by law enforcement, mandated reporters or community members. The unit is the statutory agent for juvenile delinquency and child protection concerns. The process includes assessment. engagement and service delivery and coordination. We manage a continuum of services to protect both children and the community. We utilize statutes, administrative rules and best practice standards to provide quality services.
- Child Abuse/Neglect Assessments/On-going Services evaluate a child's safety in the home and determine the best way to prevent and remedy risk situations in families. Intake for mandated reporters and community members with reports of abuse, neglect, child maltreatment, respond to questions and provide community resources, available to address needs or questions
- Delinquent Youth Services provide intake, processing, and dispositional services to the court in cases of delinquency and truancy and other status offenders.
- Proactive Community Supervision
- General Child Welfare Assessments/On-going Services help families remedy stressful situations.
- Court Ordered Stepparent Screenings
- Day Care Certification
- Foster Care Licensure and Training e-mail: email@example.com
- Parent Aide Services gives families a hands-on approach to parenting skills and
- household organization.
- Independent Living Skills Training helps children 15-21 who receive or have received alternate care services for six months or more to develop skills necessary to transition to adulthood.
- Home Studies and Courtesy Services for other counties.
- Parenting Education Classes
- Prevention Services include respite care, parent-aid during stressful times, teaching of parenting skills, and referral to counseling and other community resources.
- Information and Referral provides information about and referrals to other departments, agencies, programs, services, and community organizations.