Tax Deed Lands
TAX DEED LANDS FOR SALE
Pursuant to 75.69(1), Wisconsin Statutes, the following tax deed lands owned by & located in Pierce County are being offered for sale.
File #438 (181-01047-0300) – The West ½ of Lot 4, all of Lot 5, and Lot 6 excepting therefrom the Westerly most 17 feet of Lot 6 (except commencing at Southwest corner of Lot 6; thence North 41 feet along West line of Lot 6; thence East 17 feet; thence South 41 feet; thence West 17 feet to point of beginning; all located in Block 6 Akers Addition to the Village of Spring Valley, Pierce County, Wisconsin. (W225 Cleveland St., Spring Valley)
Appraised Value: $25,000.00
File #439-440 (181-01055-0800 & 0900) – The North ½ of Lot 7, Block 5, of the Original Plat of the Village of Spring Valley, together with an undivided 1⁄2 interest in and to the wall separating the building located on the North ½ and the building located on the South ½ of Lot 7, Block 5 of the Original Plat of the Village of Spring Valley, Pierce County, Wisconsin. Also, Lot 8, Block 5, Original Plat of the Village of Spring Valley, Pierce County, Wisconsin. (S207 McKay Ave., Spring Valley)
Appraised Value: $50,000.00
File #441 (276-01140-1000) – The South 132 feet of Lot 7, Falcon Heights Addition, City of River Falls, Pierce County, Wisconsin. (120 S. Ninth St., River Falls).
Appraised Value: $5,000.00
- Sealed bids, marked “Tax Deed Land”, shall be received at the Pierce County Clerk’s Office at 414 W. Main St, P.O. Box 119, Ellsworth, WI, 54011, no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2022; bids will be opened at 4:00 p.m. at the County Clerk’s Office.
- Pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 75.69(1) the minimum bid allowable is set at the appraised value.
- Enclose a copy of the ad, legal description &/or parcel number of the property bidding on.
- Include name, address, & phone number of bidder.
- A cashier’s check or money order for the full amount of the bid is preferred & should be submitted with bid. In lieu of check or money order an endorsed pre-qualification loan acceptance letter from a financial institution may be accepted. Not more than 30 days will be allowed to secure financing & payment made for bid amount. Payment shall be made payable to the Pierce County Clerk.
- Bids will be submitted for final approval to the Finance & Personnel Committee at its meeting on Sept. 6, 2022 at 4 p.m., County Board Room, 124 N. Oak Street, Ellsworth, WI 54011.
- A Quit Claim Deed will be furnished by Pierce County to the successful bidder. A separate & additional $30.00 recording fee is required to file the deed; check payable to Pierce County ROD.
Pierce County reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids. Properties are sold ‘AS IS and WITH ALL FAULTS’, Pierce County makes no express or implied warranties, guarantees, or returns. Please contact the County Clerk’s Office at 273-6744 if you have any questions.
Jamie R. Feuerhelm
Pierce County Clerk