Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
The mission of the Pierce County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council is to improve the quality of justice services to victims, offenders and the community. We will accomplish this through the coordination of cost-efficient strategies and more effective methodologies, building upon best practice and social science research.
- The Council will understand the legal requirement of each agency and will communicate with one another in the most professional manner.
- The Council will work together to best address the core issues that drive alcohol and drug use within Pierce County and motivate the community toward healthy behavioral change.
- The Council will promote the use of best practice strategies throughout all key decision making points of contact within the criminal justice system.
- The Council will offer support and assistance towards a decision on making the Sheriff's Department and Court facilities accessible, safe and secure.
- The Council will build social capital through increased community outreach.
- The Council will promote the creation and adoption of multi-disciplinary training ideas for law enforcement, court personnel, probation, human services, and advocates.
|Honorable Judge Elizabeth Rohl
Pierce County Circuit Judge
Pierce County Court Commissioner
County Board Member
Director, PC Human Services
|Joy Lynn George
Human Services Juvenile Justice Worker
Probation & Parole Supervisor
Police Chief - River Falls Police Dept.
Director, PC Public Health
Pierce County Sheriff
Human Services Court Services Worker
Police Chief - Ellsworth Police Dept.
Clerk of Courts
Pierce County Administrative Coordinator
|Mary Jo Sutton
Member of the community at large
|Open Member of the community at large||Open Member of the community at large|
Pierce County Medical Examiner
Advocacy group - SCV SART
advocacy group - Turning Point
|Kathryn Van Dusartz
advocacy group - NAMI
Pierce County Victim Witness Coordinator
Pierce County Drug Court Coordinator
Local Bar Association
|Open MemberMinistry within Pierce County|
The Pierce County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council meets monthly, on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held in the Pierce County Sheriff's Department| Emergency Operations Center | 555 Overlook Drive | Ellsworth, WI 54011 at Noon to 1 p.m. These are open meetings and the public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
There will be no meeting in July or December.
Council members are available to speak at community meetings to discuss the CJCC goals and objectives. Please contact the Coordinator for scheduling.