Lottery & Gaming Cerdit
- To qualify for the lottery and gaming credit, an owner must be a Wisconsin resident, the owner of the dwelling, and use the dwelling as their primary residence as of January 1 of the year in which the property taxes are levied. If temporarily absent, typically for a period no longer than 6 months (hospital, vacation, incarcerated, etc.), it is the home to which the owner returns.
- The average lottery and gaming credit in Pierce County is approximately $190. The exact amount is based on the school district in which your residence is located.
- To obtain a lottery and gaming credit application, go to https://www.revenue.wi.gov/
DORForms/21lc-100f.pdf, or call the Pierce County Treasurers office at 715.273.3531 Ext. 6424
- To find more information on the lottery credit, go to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website link:https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/slf-lottcr.aspx
- To find out if you have a lottery and gaming credit, check your tax statement. Click here to view a sample of a tax bill that has a lottery and gaming credit.
- If you do not have your tax statement available, you can view or print a summary from the county website:
- Click on "Tax and Land Information" above in yellow banner
- Click on Property data search
- Enter your house number or rural address (if applicable add the preceding N or W) Do not enter the name of the street.
- Locate your parcel. Click on report.
- At the bottom of the report, you will find payment history. If lottery is listed, you are receiving the lottery and gaming credit.
History of the Lottery Credit
For the history of the Lottery Credit, vitsit https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DORReports/ltrycr.pdf
Guide for Property Owners
The following link takes one to a booklet that provides general information about property assessment and taxation in Wisconsin. If you want additional information about your property assessment, contact your local assessor. A listing of Pierce County assessors is on our webpage.
The link to the Guide for Property Owners: http://www.revenue.wi.gov/pubs/slf/pb060.pdf
Wisconsin Homestead Credit
The Wisconsin Homestead Credit is designed to soften the impact of property taxes and rent on persons with lower income.
- your household income is $24,680 or less
- you occupied, owned, or rented a home, apartment, or dwelling that is subject to Wisconsin property taxes
- you are a legal resident of Wisconsin
- check the Wisconsin Homestead Credit link at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for more qualifications and information
The Wisconsin Homestead Credit claim is filled with your Wisconsin Income tax.