Civil Process Service
What is required for service / return:
- A cover page with complete instructions of service, indicating whether we’re to serve the Original or the copy; last date to be served; and best time to serve papers. Any address that has only a P.O. Box will be returned for a complete address.
- Two complete sets of papers for each person to be served, and 1 copy of the first page.
- Original and 4 copies of sheriff sales, original is returned with Sheriff’s signature.
Please be sure to include a manila-type self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Pre-Pay Fees: New rates effective March 1, 2012
- $75.00 per set of documents served, (includes 3 attempts plus mileage)
- $25.00 per attempt beyond the 3 included attempts
- $150.00 for posting of a Sheriff's Sale, no charge for the sale
- $150.00 for each re-posting of a Sheriff's Sale, no charge for the sale
- $100.00 minimum for Evictions, Standbys, etc. additional time accrued over 2 hours will be charged at $50.00/hr
Mail documents to:
Pierce County Sheriff’s Department
Brad Verges – Civil Process
P. O. Box 9
Ellsworth, WI 54011
For more information you can call 715-273-6812. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.