Termination of Parental Rights

Access the guideline to file for termination of parental rights. The guideline explains the steps to take to file for termination of parental rights, lists the forms required (links provided below), and provides general information to the petitioner.

If the child is subject to the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), access that guideline to file for termination of parental rights.

The probate office can provide a packet of forms for termination of parental rights for a fee or the forms can be downloaded from the internet at Wisconsin Court System - Circuit Court forms; look under the juvenile section. Additional forms required as listed in the guideline can be linked below; the forms listed below are not in the wicourts.gov website.

Family History Questionnaire - Petitioner and terminating parent each complete one questionnaire (form number DCF-F-CFS0149-E or name)

Family History Questionnaire Pregnancy and Delivery Information (form number DCF-F-CFS-0149A-E or name)

Court Report for Centralized Birth Record (form number DCF-F-CFS0134 or name)