Examples of Public health emergencies:
- Communicable disease outbreaks
- Environmental health hazards
- Bioterrorism incidents
Western Wisconsin Public Health Readiness Consortium
The Pierce County Health Department is a member of the Western Wisconsin Public Health Readiness Consortia (WWPHRC). The WWPHRC was established to help prepare local public health agencies and their staff for acts of bioterrorism, infectious disease outbreaks, and other public health threats. The WWPHRC does this through networking, coordinating, standardizing, centralizing resources and planning efforts among nine local public health agencies and one tribe in Western Wisconsin.
Family/Home Emergency Plans & Supply Kits
- Develop a plan for communicating with family members
- Develop an evacuation plan for your home
- Familiarize yourself with school and worksite emergency procedures
- Create an emergency supply kit, including: water, food, clothing and bedding, a radio, tools and medical supplies.
- Don’t forget about supplies for your pet!
Links and Resources