~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Volunteering your time doesn’t just help others-it benefits your health, as well. Consider these additional reasons to become a volunteer:
- Be part of your community
- Boost your ‘second career’ options
- Gain new interests and hobbies
- Engage in new experiences
- Meet a diverse range of people
- Gain motivation and a sense of achievement
- Improve your energy and well-being
The ADRC provides many valuable and rewarding volunteer opportunities. You can volunteer as little or as much time as you would like. If you are interested consider the opportunities below:
- Volunteer Driving - Provide medical transporation to those age 60 and older who are no longer able to drive to medical appointments. Drivers will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Volunteer Visiting - Become a friendly visitor for a homebound older person.
- Delivering meals to homebound elderly - Deliver a noon meal to a person or persons in your town!
- Help at meal sites and Senior Centers - Assist with packaging home delivered meals or assisting others at our senior dining site throughout Pierce County.
For more inforamtion call the ADRC of Pierce County at (715) 273-6780 or toll free (877) 273-0804.