Town Hall
W6058 490th Ave.
Ellsworth, WI 54011
Phone: 715.273.5006

Polling Location
St. Paul's United Church
W5706 Hwy 72
Ellsworth, WI 54011
No Phone

Office Address
W6244 410th Ave.
Ellsworth, WI 54011-3000
Phone: 715.273.5847

Town Officials

Roger Billeter
N6207 490th St.
Beldenville, WI 54003
Phone: 715.307.3790

Brian P. O'Connell
W5451 450th Ave.
Ellsworth, WI 54011
Phone: 507.412.1439

Gordon Borner
W6575 630th Ave.
Beldenville, WI 54003
Phone: 715.307.0653

Phyllis Beastrom
W6244 410th Ave.
Ellsworth, WI 54011
Phone: 715.273.5847

Paula Chisholm
W5380 570th Ave.
Ellsworth, WI 54011
Phone: 715.273.5574



Monthly Board Meetings
1st Monday each month
7:00 p.m.

Annual Town Meeting
April 21, 2020
7:00 p.m.

Open Book:
May 29, 2019
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Town Garage

Board of Review
June 5, 2019
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Town Garage




Dog owners are responsible for purchasing a dog license for all their dogs, to secure the license tags to the dog collar and to keep the dog on their property.

Rabies vaccinations must be current and certified at the time of licensing. Dog license fees are $10 for spayed or neutered dogs and $15 for non-spayed or non-neutered dogs; private dog kennel $50; Commercial dog kennel variable rate depending on number of dogs. All dogs are to be licensed by April 1st of each year or when they reach the age of five (5) months. A vaccination clinic is held at the Town Garage/Hall each January.

To obtain Dog licenses, contact the Town Treasurer.

The town of Ellsworth currently contracts with the Humane Society of Goodhue County for animal control of stray and impounded animals.


#1 Land use permits are required for all new structures, any structural changes and additions. To obtain these land use permits and sanitary permits contact the Pierce County Zoning Department at 715.273.6746.

#2 Building permits from the Town of Ellsworth are also required for:
New Homes
Alterations/additions to current homes costing more than $20,000 or for changes that alter occupancy area, structural strength, fire protection, exits, natural light or ventilation
Commercial structures

New home packets and alteration/addition packets are available at the Town Hall/Garage or contact the town chair or town clerk to obtain a packet. Upon completion of the application, send application and all necessary forms to All Croix Inspections, Corp. at 1810 Crestview Dr., #1C, Hudson WI 54016. All Croix Inspections will complete the building permit.

Plan Review/Administrative Fee-$25 if inspection fee is under $400; $75 if inspection fee is over $400
New one & two family dwelling construction - $750 plus $.10 per square foot
Modular or manufactured home on basement foundation - $440 plus $.10 per square foot
Modular or manufactured home on slab - $400 flat fee
Inspection fees - one and two family dwellings $60 per inspection type; commercial buildings $100 per inspection type
Re inspection fee $60 for one and 2 family dwellings, $100 commercial
New commercial building $750 plus $.10 per square foot
#3 Inspections are now required for new homes and alterations/additions. Contact All Croix Inspections Corp. at 715.377.2152 to schedule erosion, footings, foundation, framing, plumbing, electrical, heating, insulation and final inspections.
#4 ETZ (Extraterritorial Zoning) - parcels within 1 1/2 miles of the Village of Ellsworth limits are considered to be in the ETZ. When a structure is proposed for a parcel in the ETZ, the owner of the parcel requests a rezone, the owner requests the parcel be subdivided, or some other change is proposed that affects the zoning and use of the parcel, the parcel is subject to approval by the Village of Ellsworth. When such circumstances occur, the owner completes an ETZ application and submits it to the Village of Ellsworth office at 130 N Chestnut Street
There may be occasions when a fee will be charged by the village. When the application has been approved at the Village of Ellsworth, the applicant submits the application to the Town of Ellsworth Clerk.
If the application is proposing a pole shed or utility building, the clerk will issue the building permit. The cost of the permit is $100.
If the application is proposing a new home or commercial building, the applicant proceeds under item 2 above.

Driveway permits must be obtained prior to land use and building permits. Driveway applications are available at the town hall/garage or contact the town chair . Driveway application fee of $50 is due when the application is submitted. The town board will review and approve/deny driveway applications at their regular monthly meeting. All new driveways must meet the codes set by the Town Board. All private roads must be built according to town standards.

The Pierce County Zoning office is responsible for assigning addresses and fire numbers.

It is illegal to burn garbage and painted or treated lumber in Pierce County. The town does not issue burning permits, but if you plan to burn, notify the Pierce County Solid Waste Department at 715.273.3092, the town chair or one of the supervisors AND the Ellsworth Fire Department (715.273.4653) AND call the Pierce County Sheriff's Department (715.273.5051) to let them know when and what you are burning. If you do not notify the Sheriff's Department and someone calls in your fire, you will be charged for the fire call.

Fireworks permits are required in the Town of Ellsworth. Contact the Town Chair to receive a fireworks permit. There is no charge for these permits.