Town Hall/Polling Location
W11705 Co. Rd. FF
River Falls, WI 54022

Town Officials

LeRoy Peterson
W10604 Co. Rd. FF
River Falls, WI 54022
Phone: 715.425.5837

John Rohl
W11269 Co. Rd. MM
Prescott, WI 54021
Phone: 715.425.7104

Joe Rohl
W11794 Co. Rd. MM
Prescott, WI 54021
Phone: 715.262.3744

Jeannie Aws
W12086 757th Ave.
River Falls, WI 54022
Phone: 715.426.3475



Town Board Meetings
1st Tuesday each month
7:00 p.m.

Planning Commission Meetings
3rd Monday each month
7:00 p.m.

Annual Town Meeting
3rd Tuedsay of April
7:00 p.m.

Open Book:
2019 TBD

Board of Review
June 28, 2018
4 - 6:00 p.m.



Dog owners have the responsibility to purchase a dog license for all their dogs, to secure the license tags to the dog collar and to keep the dog on their property. Contact the Town Clerk/Treasurer to obtain your dog licenses or mail completed form below to the Town Clerk/Treasurer.

A dog license is required for all dogs over the age of 5 months. All dogs must have a rabies vaccination and proof of such vaccination must be shown to purchase a license for your dog. Dog license fees are $5 for spayed or neutered dogs and $10 for non-spayed or non-neutered dogs.

Dog License Application Form


1 - New Construction, Additions and Out Buildings require a Pierce County Land Use Permit in addition to the Town's permit. To obtain a Pierce County Land Use Permit contact the Pierce County Zoning Department at 715.273.6746. (Some Ag. Buildings that may be exempt.) If the construction is a new house, you will also need a Sanitary Use Permit which can also be obtained through the Pierce County Zoning Department.

2 - Clifton's building permits consist of the following steps:

  • Contact the building inspector to complete an application for the permit and to schedule an on-site inspection of the area of new construction.
  • The building site must be staked out as well as the location of the septic system. The inspector will at this time determine if you also need a driveway permit.
  • You must have two sets of building plans and two plot plans, one for the inspector and one for the town clerk.
  • Pierce County Zoning/Land Management will issue you your street address which is required before the town approves your permit application.
  • When all of the above are completed, your application will be presented to the Clifton Town Board for approval, on the first Tuesday of the month (unless this falls on an election day), at 7 P.M., corner of QQ and FF. If approved, the town clerk will issue a permit. All permits need to be obtained before construction begins. If construction begins before all the permits are in, the building permit fee will be doubled.


Building Inspector

All-Croix Inspections, Corp.
1810 Crestview Drive 1C
Hudson, WI 54016
Office: 715.377.2152
Email: office@allcroix.com

  To see a list of licensed contractors - click on Professional List  
Anyone proposing to create a Certified Survey Map or a subdivision in the Town of Clifton shall enter into a Developer's Agreement with the Town if the Development being proposed: 1) will create or affect public improvements whether already built or proposed to be built and dedicated to the Town: 2) will create private roads or other private improvements that will serve lots created in the subdivision or Certified Survey Map; or 30 if erosion control or storm water management devices will be permanently installed and drain or affect storm water drainage from areas other than the individual lot on which such devices will be located. Refer to Ordinance 2006-2.

Developer's Agreement


Driveway permits must be obtained prior to land use and building permits. Private access road and driveway applications are available from the Building Inspector, All Croix Inspections, Corp. at 715.377.2152. All new roads and driveways must meet the codes set by the Town Board. All private roads must be built according to town standards.

The Pierce County Zoning office is responsible for assigning addresses and fire numbers.


It is illegal to burn garbage and painted or treated lumber in Pierce County. The town does not issue burning permits, but if you plan to burn, notify the Pierce County Solid Waste Department at 715.273.3092, the town chair AND the local Fire Department AND call the Pierce County Sheriff's Department (715.273.5051) to let them know when and what you are burning. If you do not notify the Sheriff's Department and someone calls in your fire, you will be charged for the fire call.


The Town of Clifton DOES NOT ISSUE permits for fireworks.