Location and Office Hours

Main Level
Room 101

414 W. Main St.
PO Box 119
Ellsworth, WI 54011

General Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm

Marriage License & Passports processed 8:00am to 4:00pm
(Closed Holidays)

Phone: 715.273.6744 or 715.273.6796
Fax: 715.273.6861

Staff Contacts

County Clerk
Jamie Feuerhelm - Ext. 6688

Deputy Clerk
Cyndi Kern - Ext. 6420

Susan Brathol - Ext. 6000





License Requirements
  Pursuant to Chapter 174.052 (1) and (2) of the Statutes of Wisconsin, the following is required for all dogs:

Section 8.95.21 (2) Rabies Vaccination Required for Dogs.
(2)(a) Requirements for vaccination.
Except as provided in s. 174.054, the owner of a dog shall have the dog vaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 5 months of age and re-vaccinated within one year after the initial vaccination. If an owner obtains a dog or brings a dog into this state after the dog has reached 5 months of age, the owner shall have the dog vaccinated against rabies within 30 days...unless the dog has been vaccinated as evidenced by a current certificate of rabies vaccination from this state or another state. The owner of a dog shall have the dog re-vaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian before the date that the immunization expires as stated on the certificate of vaccination, or, if no date is specified, within 3 years following the previous vaccination.


Section10.174.05 (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) Dog License Tax.
(1) Requirement.
Except as provided in S. 174.054; the owner of a dog more than 5 months of age on January 1 of any year, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, on or before the date the dog becomes 5 months of age, pay the dog license tax and obtain a license.

Where to Get a License
  Please contact your city, town, or village treasurer to request a dog license. Your municipal treasurer will require owners to pay the dog license or multiple license tax and to provide evidence of the dog's rabies immunization. If you do not know how to contact your municipal treasurer, look under the municipal section of our website.